Fatbits is one of those mind boggingly useful utility programs for graphic artists or people designing user interfaces. It magnifies an area of the screen centered around the mouse pointer and paints the giant pixels into a small, tastefully decorated window. This can be indispensable when you want to see something right down to the last pixel.
Fatbits is also useful as an accessibility tool. It can perform text smoothing (click here for an example) and can modify the colors it displays to help those with color vision deficiency.
Some Fatbits features:
- Works well with multiple monitors Magnification up to 20x
- Shows color and position information
- Optional crosshatching (to make it easy to count pixels)
- Advanced accessibility features
- Full help system
- Bigger than ever
- Optionally moves out of the way to view the entire screen
- Can be locked to magnify one location for static viewing
- Only one EXE-File, no DLLs
- Draws with low priority to minimally impact the user
- Written in good old C**